Angela has 38 years experience in the industry, training as a beauty therapist before specialising in electrolysis in 1979. Since then she has trained as a Teacher, Assessor and Complimentary Therapist. She works as a consultant for City and Guilds. She also writes teaching and assessment materials, and acts as an external verifier. Angela has just stepped down after 3 years as the Chair of the BIAE, but remains an examiner and trainer for them.
Other career highlights include:
- Publishing a book, ‘The Complete Guide to Electro Epilation’ in 2000.
- Being the Beauty Expert on BBC Radio Kents ‘Julie Maddox Show’ from 2002-2004
- Running the Beauty & Complimentary Therapies department at a busy college, managing 20 Beauty Therapy teaching staff for over 14 years.
- Working on the NHS Gender Identity Service CRG, Depilation Sub Committee regarding hair removal treatments for transgender patient’s pre and post- surgery.
- Setting up the first BIAE transgender training course in July 2014, training Electrologists to preparing transgender patients perineal donor site for surgery.
- Sitting on the National Advisory Committee for Beauty Therapy.
- Running a successful beauty business and training academy in Kent.